Wednesday, January 9, 2013

BONE MARROW DONORS NEEDED









Hi Friends. These are my friends Chi and Fabi. They are really like family to me. We have shared a lot together and I love them. A few months ago Chi was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma ( here is a link to learn more about Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma: http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/types/non-hodgkin)  and he has been battling really hard.  His next course of treatment is a bone marrow transplant but he needs to find a match. There is a shortage of donors in the Asian community which makes it especially hard for people of mixed origin like me and our children to find matches. Anyone could be a match but it is more likely that a match could be found from within the Asian community. Registering is really easy. When I registered years ago, I just went in and they swabbed my cheek with a cotton swab and I left. It was also really fast.  This site will help direct you: http://marrow.org/Home.aspx.  When someone experiences something difficult in life we all say, “Please let me know what I can do to help”. This is what you can do to help. I’m asking for your help. PLEASE HELP


Thanks, Ingrid 


P.S Please feel free to re-post, the more people that can be reached, the better.

5/15/2013

*On May 5th Chi lost his battle and our hearts are broken. Sadly there is still a need for Asian donors on the registry. Regardless of your ethnicity you can help by registering and encouraging others to do the same. Please help me to memorialize my friend by spreading the word. 




No comments:

Post a Comment